Entries by singlebet

Arsenal relaxed about loanee Eddie Nketiah’s situation at Leeds United

The striker has come off the bench in his nine Championship appearances (Picture: Getty) Arsenal are not panicking over Eddie Nketiah’s lack of starts for loan club Leeds United this season, though could consider cancelling his stay and sending him elsewhere in January.
The England Under-21 international was again on the bench on Tuesday night against Preston, coming on in the second half to net a late equaliser.
Leeds boss Marcelo Bielsa defended his decision to pick Patrick Bamford and leave Nketiah out of the starting XI after the match, despite growing calls for the Arsenal man to get the nod.
Nketiah secured a point for Leeds off the bench against Preston on Tuesday (Picture: Getty) According to The Athletic, Bristol City – who had wanted to take Nketiah in the summer – are ready to reignite their interest should the Gunners decide another club would give him more game time.
Arsenal bosses are largely relaxed about Nketiah’s current role at Leeds, being used as an impact sub, though they never expected to get towards the end of October without him having started in the Championship.
So far, the 20-year-old has played nine times, scoring in three of those outings, without being rewarded with a start, though he did play a bigger role in Carabao Cup clashes with Salford and Stoke – scoring in both.
More: TVAs a Bake Off semi-finalist you know when it's your turn to leave the tent
Man who sent a postcard to his parents saying he's safe receives it 28 years later
Former Strictly professional Iveta Lukosiute pregnant after two miscarriages
Asked about Nketiah’s situation last week, Emery told reporters: ‘Firstly I respect his coach and his decision. I think he is going to play more. He is going to deserve it.
‘Each match he plays with Leeds and the national team is important for him and important for Arsenal because we want him to get confidence and take experience and use it in the future for us.
Arsenal would consider loaning Nketiah to a differe..

Harry Kane sends message to Spurs teammates after emphatic 5-0 victory against Red Star

Harry Kane scored twice as Spurs thrashed Red Star in the Champions League (Picture: Getty) Harry Kane has urged his Tottenham teammates not to get carried away following their convincing 5-0 victory over Red Star in the Champions League on Tuesday night.
The pressure was on Spurs ahead of the game following a run of just one win in their last seven matches in all competitions but the players delivered a morale-boosting display against the Serbian champions.
Kane had been without a goal in two club games but he opened and finished the scoring with two well-taken finishes, while Heung-Min Son also helped himself to a double and Erik Lamela found himself on the scoresheet in his 200th Spurs game.
Kane opened the scoring for Spurs against Red Star (Picture: Getty) Attention now turns to Spurs’ trip to Anfield on Sunday where they face league leaders Liverpool and Kane is hopeful that the team can carry momentum from their thrashing of Red Star into this weekend’s fixture.
‘It all depends on how we carry it on, it is one win, one result,’ he said post-match. ‘Like I said, at home we were expected to win this game so we can’t get too carried away with it. We have to stay focused and take the positives and take them into the Premier League.
‘It is exactly what we needed, a great performance, a lot of energy, plenty of goals, a clean sheet – a perfect night. But it doesn’t stop here, it was a game we were expected to win. We have got a very tough game on Sunday so I hope we can take momentum into that.’
More: Liverpool FCPremier League midfielder responds to Liverpool and Chelsea transfer links
Brendan Rodgers hits back at Jurgen Klopp over Mohamed Salah complaint
Rio Ferdinand slams Liverpool for lack of apology to Patrice Evra over Luis Suarez racism
It was an excellent performance from Spurs and a much-needed three points in the Champions League following a slow start to the campaign but they will face a far sterner test against Liverpool at the weekend given the..

Zinedine Zidane reacts after Chelsea hero Eden Hazard misses open goal for Real Madrid

Eden Hazard missed an open goal in Real Madrid’s Champions League win over Galatasaray (Picture: Getty) Zinedine Zidane insists he is ‘not worried’ about the form of Eden Hazard after the Chelsea hero missed an open goal in the Champions League.
Belgium superstar Hazard completed a dream move to the Bernabeu over the summer in a deal that cost the Spanish giants £150million.
The 28-year-old has endured an underwhelming start to his Real Madrid career, scoring just once in nine appearances, and struggled against Galatasaray on Tuesday evening.
Hazard wasted a golden chance for Real Madrid (Picture: Twitter) Hazard had the chance to score his first Champions League goal for Real but squandering a guilt-edged opportunity after rounding the goalkeeper only to hit the bar.
Reacting to the miss and Hazard’s form for Real Madrid, manager Zidane said: ‘It doesn’t worry me.
‘He’s better and he’s going to improve more. The important thing is that he continues to have chances, because he’s going to put them in.’
More: FamiliesMum who loved partying creates baby rave business after having her son
Is Faith Nate's mum as Emmerdale fans guess mindblowing twist?
Unbelievable Jeff! Chris Kamara aiming to score Christmas number one album
Prolific Champions League winners Real Madrid made a poor start to this season’s competition, losing to PSG before dropping points at home to Club Bruges.
They returned to winning ways in Istanbul, however, with Toni Kroos’ goal enough to secure the victory and lift Madrid off the bottom of Group A.
On the 1-0 win, Zidane added: ‘I’m delighted for the whole team because there’s been a lot of criticism, it’s not an easy place to come to and we showed good character.
‘It’s important to win when you play every three days and tonight we were focused right from the off.
Zinedine Zidane has pleased with Real Madrid’s win (Picture: Getty) ‘We created a lot of chances after some really good moves and I would have liked to have seen us get a s..

John Stones explains Pep Guardiola telling off during Manchester City’s win over Atalanta

Pep Guardiola was livid with John Stones during Manchester City’s win over Atalanta (Picture: BT Sport) John Stones has given his side of the story after Pep Guardiola gave him a dressing down during Manchester City’s 5-1 victory over Atalanta in the Champions League.
Raheem Sterling scored an incredible 11-minute hat-trick following Sergio Aguero’s first-half double as City maintained their 100 per cent record in Group C in convincing fashion.
A 28th-minute penalty from Ruslan Malinovskiy, Phil Foden’s sending off and an injury to Rodri were the only blemishes on an otherwise dream night for the Premier League champions at the Etihad.
Rodri went down with a suspected hamstring problem just before half-time and Guardiola called for Stones to come on in his place at centre-back alongside Fernandinho.
Rodri was forced off in the 40th minute with a suspected hamstring injury (Picture: Getty) However, Stones was not completely ready for the substitution and took a few moments adjusting his shin pads which provoked a furious reaction from Guardiola who slammed a seat in anger.
Asked about his telling off, Stones told BT Sport: ‘I had them on but I just needed to fix them up properly.
‘Time is of the essence and that’s what he wanted.’
To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video
Guardiola will be waiting nervously for updates on Rodri’s injury after using the midfielder as a makeshift central defender in recent matches.
‘Hopefully it will be 10 days if [his hamstring] is not broken,’ Guardiola said.
‘If it is broken it will be three weeks or one month.
‘I didn’t speak with Rodri or the doctor just yet but looks like a hamstring.
‘When one guy runs and puts their hand in the hamstring position, it is a hamstring. It looks like.’
MORE: Bournemouth ace Lewis Cook responds to Liverpool and Chelsea transfer links

Bournemouth ace Lewis Cook responds to Liverpool and Chelsea transfer links

Liverpool and Chelsea have expressed interest in signing Lewis Cook from Bournemouth (Picture: Getty) Lewis Cook insists his full focus is on Bournemouth after being linked with moves to Premier League giants Liverpool and Chelsea.
Cook, 22, has developed into a key player for the Cherries since signing from Leeds United in 2016, making 48 Premier League appearances under Eddie Howe.
Last month, the England international made his long-awaited return from injury having ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee in December.
To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video
Cook has impressed upon his return and played his first 90 minutes in almost ten months on Saturday as Bournemouth were held to a goalless draw by Norwich City.
Ahead of the weekend, the Daily Mail claimed Cook has emerged as a target for both Liverpool and Chelsea but he says he is putting the speculation to the back of his mind.
Speaking to the Daily Echo, Cook said: ‘I have just started playing football here [again]. I had been out for a long time, so I am just focusing on Bournemouth at the moment.
‘I am loving being back and playing football. I just forget about it [the speculation] really.
‘You’ve just got to focus on your football here and keep enjoying it. I am obviously enjoying playing football again – that’s all I am focusing on right now.’
Cook signed a new four-year contract with Bournemouth last year and insisted he is fully committed to Howe’s project.
Cook is back playing for the Cherries after a long injury lay-off (Picture: Getty) He added: ‘Definitely. I am enjoying my football here, it’s a great place to be and play great football.’
Both Liverpool and Chelsea are believed to be in the market for the best emerging English talent and Cook has been likened to Reds captain Jordan Henderson.
Chelsea have been unable to sign any players r..

Manchester United ace Fred rates his performance against Liverpool and thanks Michael Carrick for advice

Fred was satisfied with his performance as Manchester United drew with Liverpool (Picture: Getty) Fred says he’s ‘happy’ with his display against Liverpool and has thanked the likes of Michael Carrick for their help and support after a tough start to his Manchester United career.
The 26-year-old has struggled to live up to his £52million price tag since joining from Shakhtar Donetsk back in June 2018, but was handed a rare start at Old Trafford on Sunday afternoon.
In the absence of Paul Pogba, Fred showed moments of quality alongside midfield partner Scott McTominay as the points were shared between two of English football’s great rivals.
The Brazilian was satisfied with his individual showing and believes United can take encouragement from their overall performance against Jurgen Klopp’s side.
Fred started alongside McTominay in midfield at Old Trafford (Picture: Getty) ‘Personally, I’m happy how I played in my first “clasico” against Liverpool,’ Fred told The National.
‘We’re j..

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides injury updates on Paul Pogba, Nemanja Matic and Axel Tuanzebe

Pogba has not played for United since September 30 (Picture: Getty) Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is optimistic that the end of Manchester United’s injury crisis is in sight despite losing Axel Tuanzebe in the warm-up against Liverpool.
Tuanzebe was initially named in the starting line-up to face Liverpool on Sunday, part of a tactical surprise from Solskjaer that involved playing three centre-backs.
But the youngster picked up a hip injury less than an hour before kick off and was replaced by Marcus Rojo for the 1-1 draw at Old Trafford.
Tuanzebe has joined United’s busy injury list (Picture: Getty) However, his manager reckons the squad is starting to come back towards a full compliment with midfielder Paul Pogba due for a scan on his troublesome ankle at some point today.
‘I don’t know how [Tuanzebe] is,’ Solskjaer said.
‘But hopefully Jesse [Lingard] is soon back, of course Anthony [Martial] will be able to play more.
More: Manchester United FCNeville blames Manchester United star for..

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang ‘sure’ Arsenal will secure top-four finish in Premier League

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is confident Arsenal will finish in the top four of the Premier League (Picture: Getty) Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang insists he is ‘sure’ Arsenal will secure a top-four finish in the Premier League this season.
The Gunners, who finished fifth in the English top-flight last term, have lost just one league fixture so far during the 2019-20 campaign, amassing 15 points from their eight matches.
Unai Emery’s side are currently fifth in the table but will climb above Chelsea and Leicester City into third if they defeat Premier League new-boys Sheffield United on Monday evening.
Aubameyang was speaking after receiving his Player of the Month award (Picture: Getty) Aubameyang has enjoyed a superb start to the season, scoring eight goals in ten appearances, and was named the Premier League Player of the Month for September.
‘I feel great,’ Aubameyang said as he was presented with his second Premier League Player of the Month award. ‘I’m feeling free on the pitch.
‘I..

Chelsea manager Frank Lampard could let Olivier Giroud leave in January

Giroud is willing to stay at Chelsea (Picture: Getty) Chelsea could allow Olivier Giroud to leave the club in January if Tammy Abraham continues his goal-scoring form.
Giroud has just 100 minutes of Premier League action under his belt this season and is yet to open his account domestically.
The experienced striker has been forced to play second fiddle to Abraham, who has scored eight league goals in nine appearances and is the Premier League’s joint-top scorer.
Lampard is keen to keep Giroud at the club but also conceded that if he is not getting the chance to play, the Frenchman may want to look at his options when the January transfer window opens.
Abraham has been in prolific goal-scoring form (Picture: Getty) ‘I had a good chat with Oli before he went away and I always respect all the players, but particularly the players of that age of low thirties,’ Lampard said.
‘I love his professionalism. He was bang on when he spoke to me and with his quotes [suggesting he could request..

Manchester United goal was right to stand, claims ex-referee Dermot Gallagher

Liverpool were incensed by the decision to allow the goal (Picture: Getty) The refereeing team at Manchester United vs Liverpool were right to allow Marcus Rashford’s opener to stand, according to Dermot Gallagher.
Rashford gave United, who were 4/1 underdogs coming into the game, a 1-0 lead after 36 minutes at Old Trafford.
The goal was checked by the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) who infuriated Liverpool fans by refusing to intervene on a challenge by Victor Lindelof on Divock Origi, after which United won the ball and broke away to score.
Replays appeared to show the defender catch Origi on the back of the calf but Gallagher, who spent 15 years as a Premier League referee, has insisted that not awarding a free-kick was a subjective decision and therefore one which the VAR could not overrule.
Origi was left holding his left leg after what he felt was a foul (Picture: Getty) ‘It is not a VAR decision. It is Martin Atkinson’s decision,’ Gallagher told Sky Sports.
‘The referee is t..